Preparedness is both a mindset and a way of life. Here are the Top 10 Ways to Know You Know You’re a Prepper… and a bonus 11th:
- You often catch yourself buying an extra case of canned food or a jumbo pack of batteries ‘just in case.’
- You find yourself talking to characters in Apocalyptic & Natural Disaster television shows & movies… telling them how stupid they are or what they should do next.
- You never let your fuel tank in your car/SUV/truck/HUMVEE/UNIMOG/Armored Car get below half a tank.
- You’ve quietly moved a portion of your investments into precious metals or productive farmland.
- You catch yourself reading economic, natural disaster or other Peril related news articles to your spouse because you want him/her to ‘get it.’
- You worry about how you’ll take care of your extended family members who don’t ‘get it’ yet.
- You have a ‘get home bag’ in your car or a ‘bug out bag’ in your closet.
- You have a 2nd ‘pantry’ in your home that’s not located in the kitchen.
- Sheeple are an object of both pity and frustration for you.
- You keep an extra pair of shoes at work or in the trunk of your car just in case you ever have to walk home.
- Bonus Item: You wanted to be a Survivalist in the 80’s but identified more with the Walter Matthau character than with the Robin Williams character in The Survivors movie.
Preparedness is serious business that can mean the difference between life or death…but if you’re not having a little fun in life…what’s the point? Work hard on your preps but don’t forget to play hard as well. Use the comments section below to add your own voice to the “You Know You’re a Prepper” list.
- Top 10 Preparedness Myths (thesurvivalplaceblog.com)
- 50 Things New Preppers Can Do To Keep Their Family Safe and Prepared (thesurvivalplaceblog.com)
- Top 10 Initial Steps to Preparation (thesurvivalplaceblog.com)
- 120 Powerful Pieces Of Advice For Preppers (thesurvivalplaceblog.com)