“Be Disaster Aware, Take Action to Prepare”
During National Preparedness Month we ask you, your family, community and workplace to take action by planning a National PrepareAthon! Day on or around September 30th. We recommend using digital media tools as a way to promote National Preparedness Month, September 1-30th.
What you can do to promote National Preparedness Month:
- Check out the How to Get Involved in NPM Quick Guide
- Download the 2014 National Preparedness Month Digital Engagement Toolkit
- Share NPM messages on Social Media
- View and share the new Ready Campaign Public Service Announcements
- Join our Thunderclap message on let your followers know that it’s National Preparedness Month with your followers. How does Thunderclap work? Once you sign up, Thunderclap will sync your social media accounts to release an automatic Facebook post, Tweet or both on September, 2, 2014 at 2:00 PM reminding your friends and followers to make a family emergency plan.
- Join the National Preparedness Community and download the high resolution NPM logo
- Promote NPM by updating your Facebook and Twitter cover photo and profile image
- For NPM materials in Spanish please visit: www.ready.gov/es/septiembre
- Register for National PrepareAthon! Day: www.ready.gov/prepare