You probably already know that water is essential to your survival…
…and a huge problem if you’re stuck without.
(In fact, just 3 days without can be fatal)
Imagine you’re stranded outdoors with no water, desperate to stay alive.
What would you do? How would you get water?
Today I’m going to show you the ins and outs of finding water for survival.
- Where To Look For Water
- How To Know If Water Is Safe To Drink?
- How To Extract Clean Drinking Water (In the Desert, In the Forest, In the Ice).
- Methods Of Purifying Water
Finding water has been an age old undertaking of mankind.
Living in the third world, it still is a struggle every day to access clean water even when it is available.
Statistics show 1 in 10 people living with no access to safe water worldwide.
Source: World Health Organization
The body needs 2 quarts of water daily to survive (just to drink). But, remember this is survival.
If your supply of water is limited make sure you:
- Rest! Physical movements must be limited.
- Do not over exert yourself. Exposure to the elements must also be avoided. Keep out of the sun.
- Do not drink your own urine!!!!
- Wear clothing appropriate to the climate
- Talking is kept to a minimum
- Breath through the nose and not the mouth
- Do not smoke or have big meals.
- Absolutely do not drink alcohol
These lessons can be transferred to survival situations and can increase the chances of survival by over 80%.
And of course, it goes without saying, it’s always better to be prepared. Ensure your bug out bag is well equipped. Having access to water filters, a GPS, and containers to capture and store water will always increase your chances of survival.