By Ken Jorgustin – Modern Survival Blog
Carbon Monoxide is odorless, colorless, and tasteless.
If you are being accidentally poisoned by carbon monoxide, you may not know it until it’s too late – possibly while you’re asleep.
Here’s what you need to know…
Carbon monoxide is produced whenever a fuel such as gas, oil, kerosene, or wood is burned. The amount produced depends on the quality of the burn or combustion. A poor burn or improper ventilation will build up a high concentration of carbon monoxide in the home.
You can’t smell it, so you won’t know that it’s happening.
Carbon Monoxide in high concentrations, starves the oxygen from bodily tissues, which could lead to seizure, coma, and fatality. Preliminary symptoms are flu-like and include headache, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, fatigue, and weakness.
Apparently in the United States, more than 500 people die each year from accidental carbon monoxide poisoning while thousands more require emergency treatment.